Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Holy...It's HOT!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Holy...It's HOT!

And I'm not referring to Hal's hindquarters! Although his buttocks are indeed hawt. I am referring to the mindboggling heatwave which is sweltering throughout New England, and those other states on the eastern seaboard. It's probably cooler in Mississippi than it is here! I'm starting to look back with fond nostalgia for those frosty mornings in January.

Actually, I'm being dead serious. I MUCH prefer cold weather to hot.

But speaking of hot...

Photobucket

...here we have Fire and Ice. I include them as a pair, because that was practically always the way that they appeared, at least until they killed poor Ice off, and Fire had to go be a spy for Checkmate. But now they're back, and still perennial Bridesmaids, when compared at least, to the top billing of Wonder Woman. Of course, in a way ALL woman characters are bridesmaids when compared to Wonder Woman! She IS probably the most recognizable female character there is.

But still, Black Canary is probably a bit more high-profile than Fire or Ice. Nothing wrong with that of course, except that I really really really like Fire and Ice. It would be nice if they appeared in more books, or had a nice little mini-series, or something. Of course, they are now appearing in the current bi-weekly JLI-Lost Generations book, which is SOMEthing at least, although I'm still a bit bitter about their characterization. Still...better than nothing I suppose.

Fire and Ice

Does anyone have any other favorite bridesmaids?

5 Comments:

At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a more casual reader, I'm kind of saddened about Captain Marvel / Shazam: Everyone keeps on talking about his powers and about how he is 'innocent' and 'inspiring' and 'important'... but are there any good STORIES? Is he ever front and center? To me, he's one of the saddest bridesmaids: Someone everybody kind of likes... but no one really... loves? :-/

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger Christian Zamora said...

Can I start talking about the Blue Beetle and Booster Gold? Please, please, pretty please? Hahaha. I know, broken record here.
At least, I'm happy to see Giffen and DeMatteis on Booster Gold's title and, thankfully, they're giving some credit to the old JLI.

Your Ice and Fire were my Booster and Gold. These four just belong together!

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger LissBirds said...

"Your Ice and Fire were my Booster and Gold. These four just belong together!" Amen. BRING TED KORD BACK, ALREADY, DC!!!! Arrgh!!

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger Christian Zamora said...

What she said ;)

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Plastic Man!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home