Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: New Books!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Thursday, March 12, 2009

New Books!

Gosh, that was a tiny tiny week. But still, some of my favorites, so I am quite happy.

I picked up Batman Confidential completely on a whim, and I'm glad that I did, since it has King Tut and the Riddler in it. The only problem is that now I have to go back and find the previous issues of this storyline,because it is that much fun. I do love the Riddler. Here he's teaming up with Batman, and doing so in a quite competent manner. I adore how he's outraged that Tut is stealing his schtick.

Booster Gold continues to delight me. We get to the finale of the latest story, with the various mystical daggers and stuff. Good choice for a villain! It made perfect sense, and I didn't figure it out for quite a while. Michelle gets a bit of a shock, it will be interesting to see how she deals with it. Lots of stuff concerning the Scarab,and how and why certain things must be done to insure that Dan and Ted AND Max end up coming to be.

Poor Booster. He must really get headaches from all of this time jumping sometimes.

Fables continues with the aftermath of Boy Blue's death, and the belief on the parts of a number of characters that it's only a matter of time before he comes back. There is a great deal of discussion about whether or not Fables are immortal and HOW they are, and other interesting theological notions, all of which seem to be aimed at setting up the forthcoming crossover with Jack of Fables and The Literals. I must admit that I am rather looking forward to the dust-up between Bigby and the Beast.

Green Lantern Corps. Oh yeah, baby!

Green Arrow/Black Canary was ok. I'm still not feeling completely invested in this,and Ollie behaves in a rather dickish manner for quite a while. On the other hand, the Arrow Signal was a hoot.

Trinity continues to be interesting. Into the home stretch now! I did rather enjoy the way that the other heroes were indignant at the Big Three's lofty unconcern.

Even though I have all of these issues,I've been collecting the beautiful Justice League International collections as they come out. The fourth volumn just came out this week, and as usual, it is delightful. It is so handy to have all the stories all together instead of having to go rooting through my boxes. This collection includes the aftermath of the Khund invasion, the formation of the European League, the ones where Beetle went bonkers and tried to stab Max,and Guy and Ice's first date, with the funniest portrayal of Black Hand that I have ever read. I wonder if Geoff Johns is going to use THAT characterization when it comes to Blackest Night?

And I almost forgot to add, that I finally found the latest action figure of Ice! She's gorgeous, so I immediately brought her home and put her on the shelf with my bowl-headed figure of Guy and left them to it. These latest JLI figures really are very nice. I'm going to try and get the G'Nort figure next week! They are also going to be bringing out Fire, Booster and a new Beetle. I don't know if they are doing Guy, but it would be nice. There are only two Guy figures,and they both have the same body. I want a new one! Heck, I think that Abin Sur has more figures than Guy!

7 Comments:

At 10:04 AM, Blogger Duskdog said...

She is a pretty figure, isn't she? I've got her on my shelf right between the two Guys. My G'Nort is consoling Mary Marvel, who was previously Guy's plastic girlfriend due to lack of Tora. :)

If we're only considering figures in that 6"-ish scale (not including Minimates or Infinite Heroes), Abin Sur and Tomar Re both have as many figures as Guy does. John has more already and is getting yet another one in Blackest Night wave 2 -- and none of those John figures I'm counting are based on the JL cartoon, either.

We desperately need more Guy and more Kyle. I had to split up my GL toy collection and put Sinestro on his very own shelf because there's so much stuff (of all shape and sizes), and Hal will have his own, too, when I get another bookcase. The rest of the GL cast is all together because none of them have nearly as much stuff as Hal and Sinny.

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

WHAT?!? Boy Blue is DEAD?!?!

DARNIT, that's what I get for only reading the Fables trades. Darnit, darnit ...

Oh, well. I'll just make sure not to tell Mr. Sea. He reads the Fables trades, too.

 
At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GAAK! Careful with those spoilers! Some of us are reading fables in the TPBs....

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Duskdog said...

Wow, you guys have got a long wait for the next Fables trade, then. If I'm not mistaken, it's not coming until August. I wish I could be that patient, because I'd save a lot of money that way.

I've been buying the trades to catch myself up on what happened before I started reading, but I'm too impatient to read only from trades. I gotta have it now so I can talk about it when it's still new!

 
At 1:38 AM, Blogger MetFanMac said...

Good news: Scans_Daily is back!

asylums.insanejournal.com/scans_daily

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Oops, sorry about the spoilers. I don't read the trades, so it never even occurred to me, to be careful, for which I apologize.

Blue Boy is just...resting. Yes, that's it.

Duskdog, we definitely need more Guy and Kyle figures. Heck, I can't believe we don't have a Soranik figure yet.

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger Diamondrock said...

It looks to me like some of the Fables are starting their own religion... And Boy Blue is their Jesus...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home