Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Wherein I Discover that I don't even NEED Titles

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, March 09, 2009

Wherein I Discover that I don't even NEED Titles

Whew! That's something of a convoluted title. On the other hand, it is a rainy Monday morning, and I'm not at my best. But let me explain.

Let us gaze upon this scan.

Photobucket

When I first saw this, I had NO idea what book it was from. I saw an attractive, if noisy blonde yelling at a red-haired man. Naturally, given MY mindset, I automatically assumed that the blonde was Black Canary, and that she was yelling at Guy Gardner for some reason. Or even no reason at all, considering their somewhat tumultuous history in the JLI.

What could possibly be going on, I wondered. Was there a story out there concerning the two of them that I had possibly overlooked? Then I broke down and actually read the lines accompanying the scan, and realized that in actuality, it was Emma Frost and Banshee.

Oh.

Well.

Now I'm crushed, because I really really WANTED a story about Dinah and Guy and boxing.

8 Comments:

At 7:33 PM, Blogger Duskdog said...

Don't give me ideas.

Wait, on second thought, do.

 
At 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Emma Frost and Sean Cassidy are wonderful fun together.

..Not perhaps as fun as your proposed Birds of Prey / Green Lantern Corps cross-over, but fun nonetheless.

 
At 2:16 AM, Blogger MetFanMac said...

I think the "Sean" was a bit of a giveaway ;-)

I almost didn't recognize Emma Frost because she was so overdressed...

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Too bad it ISN'T Guy and Dinah. That probably would have been a heck of a lot more entertaining!

The whole "Emma-Frost-is-an-X-man" thing has always gotten on my nerves for some reason.

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Dinah wants her own "one punch" moment, eh?

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Seriously, a Birds of Prey/Green Lantern crossover would be FANTASTIC!!!

Any of the earth GL's would work, but I have to admit that Guy would be the most fun, mainly because of the history he has with Zinda, not to mention Huntress and Dinah were both former team-mates.

And a boxing match with Dinah? You thought that Blue Beetle humiliated him? Black Canary could probably wipe the floor with him...sans ring. Knowing Guy, he probably would enjoy it, at least nowadays.

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Duskdog said...

It also occurs to me that Ted Grant trains with Dinah a fair bit, and I can see he and Guy getting along pretty well. Guy probably used to work out at his gym or something.

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Funny you should say that, Duskdog. Ted and Guy are indeed old pals from back in Guy's Warrior days, they actually had a gym set up at the bar, and he and Ted would go at it and do manly things. Zinda would also hang out.

So theoretically, Guy would probably do a whole lot better nowadays than he did originally against Ted Kord.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home