Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Be Still My Heart

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Be Still My Heart

Well! This is the best Valentine's Day present I could ever receive...even though it isn't actually Valentine's Day yet. Still, this news makes my heart just go pitter pat.

There is going to be a MASSIVE shake-up of the Green Lantern world after Blackest Night. Tony Bedard of R.E.B.E.L.S is going to be the new writer for Green Lantern Corps. Ardian Syaf is going to be the new artist. Pat Gleason is going to be working on the Brightest Day mini-series along with Ivan Reis, while David Finch will be doing the covers.

Peter Tomasi is going to be moving over to a NEW book, called Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors, with the art being done by Fernando Pasarin. Geoff Johns and Doug Mahnke remain on Green Lantern.

Holy Pastafazoola!

They are going to be giving Guy his own book, in Emerald Warriors! He's teaming up with Kilowog! I'll still have Tomasi as the writer! He's one of the few writers who actually "get" Guy Gardner, along with Beau Smith, Keith Champagne and Duskdog. I'm so thrilled, that I may just about swoon.

Tony Bedard is a good writer too, so Kyle, Soranik, Vath, Isamot and Iolande are still in good hands. And apparently, John Stewart is going to be made an Honor Guard, and is moving to Oa to team up with Kyle. Oh, and Ganthet is coming along too. This is good. Kyle and Guy make a wonderful team, but John is smart too. And it will be nice to be able to actually read about John on a regular basis.

Wow, Earth Lanterns really do make fabulous Honor Guard members, don't they?

I'm going to miss Pat Gleason TERRIBLY, but at least he'll still be working on the Brightest Day book. And I wouldn't be too surprised if he ends up back on an Aquaman book...if they revive Aquaman. I'll have to go and look up some Fernando Pasarin books, because he's not ringing any bells with me, artwise.

So...THREE Green Lantern Books. And a Movie. Finally, the best concept in Comics is getting its due. Of course I'm a little biased. But if you can have fifteen Batman books, then by gum, you can have three Green Lantern books.

Green Lanterns

Woohooooooooooo!!!!

6 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, Blogger MetFanMac said...

Heck to the yeah!

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Duskdog said...

Definitely going to miss Gleason, and Guy and Kyle banter, but I'll make those sacrifices for a Guy book with a side-helping of Kilowog!

I hope that means we'll be seeing more of Tora, too -- and I'm hoping to see Guy make some appearances in Generation Lost, as well. (Speaking of which, the solicit for the first issue is out, and I'm excited!)

They better not be taking Guy's Honor Guard status away, though. There's nothing to indicate that they are, but it wouldn't surprise me if they used something like that as the catalyst to split him off to doing his own thing.

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger poops said...

OK, so I had to stop reading 'cuz I'm trying to keep my head in the sand long enough to remain fully focused on the here-and-now of Blackest Night (which is still kicking some major butt and has my full attention) and not look too far ahead, but I did catch enough to know that as GL fans, it appears that we'll be well taken care of for 2010!

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Fernando said...

As I am still getting to know most of the writters you mention, I will not make any judgements, besides of the obvious: GUY GETS A BOOK!!!!

Duskdog rises a interesting point... Will Guy go back to be a traineer? If he´s gonna hang out with Killowog, it would appear so.

And John as Honor guard travelling trough space could be awesome, with some reminiscens to the old old numbers with hal travelling around...

 
At 5:32 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Heck, I think ALL of the Lanterns should get their own books -- and that includes Alan Scott. ;-)

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

It WOULD be nice for all the GL's to have their own books. Heck, I would love it if they brought back Green Lantern Corps Quarterly!

I AM going to miss Pat Gleason however. Maybe he can go back to drawing Guy when he's finished with Brightest Day. He's been on GLC for 40-some issues, not including the Recharge series, and that's a LOT for an artist, so we've been lucky to have him.

I don't know when it starts, they just said a "few months". It would be nice if he could zip home to earth once in a while and hang out with the JLI and Ice though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home