Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Oh...My Ovaries!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Oh...My Ovaries!

Well, that's a strange title.  But I'll bet it caught your eye!  But perhaps a little bit of background information will help to explain things. 

I've been having some weird memory hiccups lately, which has been making me awfully nervous, since I'm terrified that Alzheimer's is lurking right around the corner.  I like my brain, and I would miss it.  A lot.  But I am also of "a certain age", and it seems as though menopause can indeed set off these sorts of symptoms. 

Well!  That's a relief!  It's not my brain, it is my ovaries!  Or other Girl Parts.

This is course gives me a ready-made excuse for when I have another brain fart. 

So...what is DC's excuse? 

It can't be their ovaries...there are hardly any women in positions of power.  Perhaps it is Dan Didio's ovaries.  Or Bob Harras'.  I hardly know what to think, except that they all seem to be collectively going through Manopause over there. 

First there is the incredibly depressing and apparently interminable Forever Evil crossover, which seems to have been going on for 10 months already and will probably be around for another 2 years, at the rate that it's going.  They have also managed to suck most of the lightness and joy out of my beloved comics by making everything increasingly dark and disturbing and grim.  I don't even want to contemplate the strangeness of the idea of making Supergirl join the Red Lantern Corps some time in February. 

Seriously, this is the promotional blurb.

"...A RED LANTERN RING is coming to get Kara...and it will change her forever. No Lie!  Not an imaginary story!  It's really going to happen!  Red Daughter of Krypton, starts here!"

Honestly, this is a terrible idea, but it's for real!  We are going to totally screw with her!  Fuck Continuity and Characterization!  Our preferred Market seems to really go for this Crap! 

!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who comes up with these ideas?  Do they all sit around in a circle and try to top one another for the most preposterous idea nowadays?  Are they all high?  Is it something in the water?

Or is their ovaries? 

If anyone has a better idea I'd love to hear it.

9 Comments:

At 4:57 AM, Blogger Saranga said...

Just to say that a few of us are singing your praises over on twitter!
We especially liked 'manopause'!

It's a pleasure to read your posts Sally :)

 
At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Bryan L said...

I can't comment much more than I already have, Sally. I'm basically WTFed out at this point. I did notice some solicits that were talking about Forever Evil issues being released in February, which depressed the crap out of me. More months of this boring nightmare.

I only have a few Nu52 titles left on my pull list, and I've pretty much lost interest in those. I need to revise my pull, but I'm almost scared to. I have to have a minimum number of titles for the discount, and I think I'm really close to bottoming out there.

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Erin S. said...

I remember there being some talk about one of the EL members being in a Corps awhile back. Putting Kara there might be the easiest way to do it. Can't mess with Superman at the moment and I have no idea what their doing with Superboy.

Indigo and SC aren't for her, I think the Blue Lanterns are barely around, Kyle has the WL deal, and making her a GL would be too big of a deal and leave many to ask why her and not her cousin. This is the only conclusion I can come up with.

BTW love your posts. :)

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

So it's not just me being cranky?

 
At 6:43 AM, Anonymous Bryan L said...

Nah, it's not, Sally. I feel the same way and I don't have ovaries. BTW, I saw a rumor online today of a grim and gritty reboot of Booster Gold. I suppose the old one will be bludgeoned to death, and then a newcomer will don the suit to avenge him. I'm slipping from active dislike to utter indifference. Not a good way to earn my dollars, DC.

 
At 10:57 AM, Anonymous r duncan said...

The DC editors are sitting around in a circle doing SOMETHING. I'm just not sure its anything good.

I'm down to three books: Aquaman, JL (with Aquaman) and Wonder Woman.

 
At 5:55 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

NOT BOOSTER!

Gahhhhhh!


And yes, the DC Editors are doing something...peculiar. But somebody must be buying all the death and gore, and I suppose that is all that they care about.

 
At 6:52 AM, Anonymous Bryan L said...

Apparently someone is buying it. The regular sales analysis over at the Beat shows that sales are up. I guess I'm just out of touch with what the buyers want, these days. Fortunately, I can bear that burden.

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I can only assume that the people who ARE buying all the Death and Destruction are not the same ones that post on their blogs or Tweet, or Tumble or whatever...because the rest of us don't seem all that enthralled.

Of course I continue to buy books that I'm not all that thrilled with, with the naive hope that perhaps THIS month...it will be better, so I am just as guilty I guess.

I can't help it. It's my ovaries.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home