Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: It's Bash Batman Week!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, September 29, 2008

It's Bash Batman Week!

Really, this is a request by Sea of Green, and who can blame her? If there is one thing I love more than seeing Hal Jordan hit in the head, it is seeing Batman get some well-deserved lumps. And since "Whack a Lantern Week" was SUCH a success, I hope that we can do the same thing with Batman.

What IS it about Batman anyway? Unlike Hal, he's not clumsy, unlike Guy, he's not loud, unlike Kyle, he's not adorable, unlike John, he's...well...actually I suppose he is more like John Stewart than any of the other Lanterns, in that he's VERY competent at what he does. And he's angry all of the time. I think that John used to be portrayed as being crabbier than he is nowadays, and who could blame him? The writers gave him a ton of angst and horror in his backstory...the death of his little sister, the murder of his wife, the destruction of Xanshi, losing his legs, and so on and so forth. But at least John doesn't WALLOW in it, like Batman.

I don't know what it is about Batman. I can't help but think sometimes that even if his parents weren't dead, that SOMETHING would have happened to set him off. If you are going to go to the extremes that Bruce Wayne did, you are probably predisposed towards that sort of behavior. It could have been as simple as someone checking out 13 items instead of 12 in the line ahead of him at the grocery store...who the heck knows?

But anyway...since he is SO omnipotent, and fabulous, and smart and well-prepared and cranky, I really get a thrill right down to my toes when somebody manages to get the drop on him, and actually lands a wallop right in the old bean.

Like this.

Batman

Haw!

5 Comments:

At 9:24 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

WHHEEEEEEE!!!! *Clap!* *Clap!* *Clap!* *Clap!* *Clap!* *Clap!*
Thank you, Sally! :-D Gosh, I'd better to dig up all my Batman stories RIGHT NOW ...!

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Hah! I'll bet you had forgotten, but I did it for YOU! And besides, who doesn't like mindless violence?

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Marc Burkhardt said...

Batman has a long history of being clocked, even when he was a tad more happy-go-lucky than these days.

 
At 6:08 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Batman tends to annoy me, so I really get a charge out of seeing him walloped.

I'm NOT a very nice person sometimes.

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Your Obedient Serpent said...

Oddly, John was crabbier before they loaded all those traumas into his backstory. Well, I guess it was his front-story when they did it all to him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home