Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: My Goodness!

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Saturday, May 22, 2010

My Goodness!

You've all heard me say this before, probably ad nauseum, but I'm not a big Bat-Fan. However. I hate to say this...I really hate to say this, but it's been quite interesting lately. I am actually enjoying Dick's take on being the Bat. I like Tim running around being competent and even impressing Ra's al Ghul. I'm even starting to like Damian a bit. Still can't STAND Talia, but that's pretty much a given. It's nice that Stephanie isn't dead, although I was never much of a fan of hers either.

I like Barbara as Oracle of course, so I'm thrilled that she's back with the rest of the Birds. I've always liked Catwoman. Alfred is by FAR my favorite Bat character. I was so happy when they decided to put him in charge of the Outsiders, but that seems to have fizzled out, which is a darned shame.

But Bruce Wayne has always annoyed me. He's just so damned perfect, as well as being a know-it-all. And he's just RUDE! Yes, Bruce you probably are the smartest person in the room, but it is awfully obnoxious of you to keep pointing that out. It smacks of insecurity. And your parents are dead. Guess what, so are a LOT of other people's! You grew up with a ton of rank and privilege and loads of cash, so stop whining. It is unbecoming.

However, I am liking the whole Lost in Time concept. The story has been fun, and the art has been wonderful. Plus we have people like Rip Hunter, Booster Gold, Hal Jordan and Superman wandering around looking for him, and I have to admit that that is a combination that I NEVER would have thought to put together, but I'm dying to see how it all works out.

And then, there is this.

Photobucket

Roowrrr!

7 Comments:

At 11:32 PM, Blogger LissBirds said...

I might just have to buy the Return of Bruce Wayne to see Booster and Rip. I'm a big Bat-fan, actually, just not a Grant Morrison type of Bat-fan. I swore I'd never read anything by him after Batman RIP but I might have to go back on that promise. I'll at least get the Rip Hunter special, though. And I like Bruce a lot better than Dick. Dick is just too....I don't really have to describe how much he annoys me....

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I do wonder if Dick is just too nice to be Batman. I think that I prefer him as Nightwing...at least when he is well-written. But being well-written is the goal that should apply to everything!

Rip, Booster, Hal and Supes are going to be having their own mini-series, although I can't quite remember the name, something to do with Time Masters or Time Hunters or something. Still...it's something of an oddball group, which could be lots of fun.

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger CalvinPitt said...

It might be the stubble, but Bruce really reminds me of Frank Castle there.

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger Erin S. said...

Can't wait to have Booster in three different titles and four issues a month. With Time Masters coming out my wallets' going to be stretched to the breaking point.

I have a soft spot for all the Bat clan so I'm going to get another mini to add to the pile.

 
At 6:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does it bother anyone else that Dick's already had a run as Batman ... Anyone else remember Prodigal? Or a hero being lost in time after saving the world only to find his way home? Armageddon: Alien Agenda, for one? So ... uh ... when do the original stories come back to comics? At stories I can't point to and say, 'HEY!' Maybe I'm too old for this...

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Silly, you're NEVER too old for comics.

 
At 5:32 AM, Blogger Saranga said...

off topic but have you seen these:
http://fullofwhoa.tumblr.com/post/509868578/star-sapphire-corps-gentlemens-division

http://fullofwhoa.tumblr.com/post/394110260/star-sapphire-corps-gentlemens-division-alfred

 

Post a Comment

<< Home