Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Oh....Tuesday

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Oh....Tuesday

Gosh, I just don't like Tuesday very much.  But I've stated that many many times before.  Still...Tuesdays are just depressing.  And to top things off, I have recently discovered that some of my favorite books are being cancelled. 

Oh Marvel.  Why do you do these things to me?  I left you in a snit over Civil War, and have only now and then been sneaking back across the aisle for spectacular things like Nextwave, and the Incredible Hercules, not to mention Journey into Mystery.  Then I finally wised up and started getting Daredevil, and Hawkeye, and Young Avengers, and Thor, and life has been...pretty darned good. 

Great artists.  Equally adept writers.  Fun and funky stories, with a twist, and a sense of humor, or at least a dark sense of humor.  No bloody crossovers...at least not so many.  And very few Avengers or X-Men.  And now of course, it is all coming to an end.

Not a complete end apparently.  But the end of these particular writers paired with these particular artists.  I suppose I should be grateful for having Mark Waid and Chris Samnee for as long as we did.  Same thing with Kieron Gillen...but...damn! 

Teen Loki is going to be moving over to his own book, which is a good thing, and I am happy, because I rather like Teen Loki.  Nothing like a fun Bad Boy.  And hopefully Chris Samnee will land somewhere soon.  I would imagine that Daredevil is going to be started over again with another team soon.  And the recent Daredevil: Dark Knights with Palmiotti was a hoot. 

But no more Young Avengers, and that does depress me, because they have have universally a delight to the eyes and brain.  And they are FUN!  Dammit, I miss fun.  Hopefully, they won't be cancelling Hawkeye any time soon, because that would just be crazy...but then again, a lot of crazy things can happen.  Look at DC lately.   And I don't think that Thor is going anywhere any time soon...at least I hope not. 

And new books will come along that will be good, and I'll be happy to pick them up.  But still...every cancellation of a beloved book is like a tiny dagger in my quivering fangirl heart.  I can read the trades and my old issues...but it isn't quite the same. 

Sorry to kvetch.  I've been kinda cranky lately.

 photo newteenloki_zps575430a3.jpg

But here is Teen Loki, looking all adorable and such.

5 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, Blogger Christian Zamora said...

Hey, Sally!

I may be going out of subject for a moment there, but I just wanted to make you a question :)

I don't know if you remember me from a few years ago. I have this Comics All Too Real blog. Well, the thing is that I'm un-abandoning it and was updating and checking things around. And so, I wanted to ask you how you managed to keep track of other blog posts. With Google Reader gone (which was the one I was using), I really don't know where to go.

If you can give me a little heads up, I would really appreciate it :)

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Christian, I am so glad that you are unshuttering your blog. Too many are going dark!

I am afraid that I don't really have any wonderful technical wizardry up my sleeve. I just have all my favorites bookmarked, and I go through them ALL. Some daily, and some a bit less frequently, but I just try and check in once and a while.

I am afraid that I am not particularly computer efficient. But perhaps there are people out there who are reading this, and can come up with a better solution?

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Christian Zamora said...

Thanks for replying, Sally, it is very much appreciated. I know blogs have been disappearing since a while, now and it is sad since they do bring something unique to the internet at a time when everything is about sharing something that other people did.

This time I'm trying to juggle between different platforms and see how it goes.

Anyway, I guess checking my links and exploring other blogs is the way to go these days. Too bad about Google Reader because it was quite useful. I kinda absorbed that feed into Flipbook but I really don't know how to use it properly...

Well, I'll be dropping by more frequently now :) It's like coming back home, lol.

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Oh, I'm still plugging away, but you're right...it's not like it used to be. For some reason, they keep changing perfectly good stuff, and making it more difficult! I won't even go into how they've made Photobucket more complicated!

I'll be checking out your site post haste!

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Christian Zamora said...

Well, I toyed with my old html quite a bit using some tutorials I found online and I was actually glad that the new formats included some widgets I wanted. For the record, I have no clue about html, so, it was like having a kid performing heart surgery, lol.

As for Photobucket, I have no clue. I don't even remember how I posted images back then, now I just upload them directly.

Still, the Blogger format is not really that friendly to play with... It reminds me of iTunes where I just can't find a thing, lol.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home