Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Whatever happened to...?

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Whatever happened to...?

Neal Adams Batman: Odyssey? That was a demented, if fabulous series, and it hasn't come out in quite a while it seems. I'm pretty sure that it hadn't ended...did it end, and I am just too stupid to have realized it? What is going to happen to it, post the September relaunch? It was absolutely insane, but what the heck, it was also a whole lotta fun, watching Batman run around like a chicken with his head cut off, instead of being inscrutable and omnipotent.

They've also moved Green Lantern and Green Lantern Corps, to the middle of July, but Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors IS supposed to come out tomorrow, for which I am deeply thankful. I get cranky when I have to go without my fix. Still...I hope that it doesn't give away TOO much of the plot. And will this delay ALSO delay the July books to August, and thence to September which will also be a mess with the relaunch?

Arrrgghhh!

I should probably calm down. I'm starting to look like a deranged fusspot. Which of course...I AM...but still, one likes to present a cool and collected exterior.

And here, for no reason whatsoever other than it makes me smile, is the cover to August's Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors.

Photobucket

Because putting THOSE two together can only result in hilarity...and mayhem!

8 Comments:

At 12:14 PM, Blogger James Ashelford said...

As I recall Oddysey was meant to be a trilogy of limited series so I guess they'll wait a few months after the relaunch and announce the second.

At the very least I remember a break being part of the strategy.

Or they might have screwed up, DC have spent the last few months making wrestling promoters look like forward-planning geniuses.

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Heh. Well, I'm glad that it may possibly, hopefully come back. Because I miss all of its gorgeous insanity.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Sam said...

Hey Sally, I know you're more into the comic books than the movie but I found this link and thought you might like the set up. movieblurts.tumblr.com

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

That's a very nice picture of Hal. I have to admit that I don't quite know how Tumblr works...is it supposed to DO something?

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Erin S. said...

I recall reading recently that the retailers weren't interested in Batman: Odyssey so Neal Adams is urging fans to ask for it.

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Consider it asked for!

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger LissBirds said...

Sally, did you post that cover from Emerald Warriors just becuase Batman's behind is actually visible?

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Oh no no no...whyEVER would I do a thing like that?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home