Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: About those Black Lanterns...

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Monday, February 22, 2010

About those Black Lanterns...

Green Lanterns

I have some questions concerning the various Black Lanterns pictured above. Hal and Barry managed to outsmart the Black Rings...well...BARRY outsmarted the Black Rings, and therefore didn't become Black Lanterns, although Hal did undergo the process for about a minute or so over in GL #50. Wonder Woman, with the help of Mera and Ray Palmer managed to overcome her ring, and became a Star Sapphire. Bart was saved by Barry...with a bit of help from Wally. Conner saved himself, with a fair amount of assistance from Cassie and Krypto.

That leaves Superman, Green Arrow and Ice. You know...and I know that Superman is going to get out of this somehow. And Ollie has a BN: Green Lantern book coming out this week, I believe. So that leaves just...Ice.

Is Tora going to get a Blackest Night: Ice book? I rather doubt it. Which is a heck of a shame, because I'd LOVE to read that. So far, they have portrayed her in the background in a few panels, mainly fighting with Fire. That makes sense I suppose. Their modus operandi is to go for the people that they can hurt the most, in order to evoke the most powerful and delicious emotions.

I really am hoping that they will have a Guy/Ice confrontation either in Blackest Night #7, or in the next issue of Green Lantern Corps, because I'm getting a little tired of the two of them getting the short end of the stick. For that matter, I rather wanted to see more of a thing with John and Katma. Kyle has had Soranik, and Hal has Carol, which is nice, but dagnabit, I want more. MORE!!

And she had better come out of this whole and hearty, or I'll...I'll be quite irate. I've been nervous ever since the first issue or so of Blackest Night, when Hal was musing about how Guy was the only one with a girl, and how odd that was. Only to you, Hal...only to you.

9 Comments:

At 2:01 PM, Blogger Duskdog said...

Persnickety and I were just talking about this today. I rarely expect anything more than random background panels with Tora in them, but oh how I always hope for more!

I'm hoping/assuming she'll make it out okay since she's slated to appear in Generation Lost, but I want to see more of her confrontation with Bea here. I want to see the anguish! And I'm hoping that, since the GLC is probably going to appear in the middle of Coast City in this issue of BN, we'll get to see Guy interact with her. Hal's musings on Guy's love life made me nervous, too (and annoyed, since it's obvious that Hal, as usual, doesn't have a darn clue as to what actually is going on in Guy's life).

I would totally read a Blackest Night: Ice. But then, I'd also read such riveting titles as Going To the Park: Ice and Getting Up For a Midnight Snack: Ice, too, if DC would only publish such literary gems.

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Bethama said...

And Buddy. What's to become of Animal Man?

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Well, I rather forgot about Buddy, since he's not in the picture. Oops.

However, I too would read about Blackest Night: Ice, simply because it could be so potentially awesome. I don't care if it consists of her doing her laundry, so long as Bea and Guy show up.

I guess I'm a little pathetic. But darn it, I want to see more of my favorite characters! If they can give Conner a book, they can give Tora one.

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Jake said...

Donna Troy has been also left out of the picture as I recall. She showed up briefly in Blackest Night Wonder Woman 2, but otherwise she's been conspicuously MIA, which is odd given that you'd think Diana could spare her a thought or something.

Not that she has thus far! Hey-yo!

 
At 5:59 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

I can see Hal helping Ollie and Guy helping Ice -- assuming each could break away from their respective crises to do so. It wouldn't be the first time Hal rescued Ollie from death, that's for sure.

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

The cover of Blackest Night: Green Arrow is fabulous. It's an homage to the one where Ollie shoots an arrow at Hal's battery, only this time, they are reversed. I'll buy, and I'll read it and I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy it...I just wish that Ice could get the same treatment.

As far as I know, there has been a lot of Donna stuff going on in Titans as well. I'm not much of a Donna fan, so I didn't pick them up, but I understand that at least she has something going on.

 
At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not a one-shot but... http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/files/2010/02/glcor-cv46-ds-copy.jpg

- Anarky

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger oddkarma said...

That cover excites me beyond reason with the promise of another Guy/Ice story.

I am a firm believer that once you put a character through enough crap they deserve some happy. And Guy certainly qualifies.

In these tough economic times, I tend to root for Guy even more, because of all the things he has been through and survived...it gives you hope and a smile when a bit of good comes his way.

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

John, that's a FABULOUS cover, and I'm thrilled beyong belief. Finally, we'll get a Guy/Tora battle.

Please pardon me, while I wipe the drool off of my chin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home