Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Well THIS sounds familiar

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Well THIS sounds familiar

Browsing through the new Scans Daily a while back, I stumbled across a lot of postings from when Hal and Guy had teamed up and saved the lost Lanterns, and blown up Biot...along with Hank Henshaw. At the time, I didn't think too much of it, but looking back now...

Green Lanterns

Crap! That seems pretty significant to me now!

I also have noticed that old Hank is conspicuously missing from the current shenanigans, and I can't help wondering what he's up to. He was quite pleased to be killed when Guy and John pulled Warworld down and blew it up, and was seriously displeased to be rescued and revived by his own Manhunters. Well, that last one is his own fault. But I can't help thinking that he and Black Hand would see eye-to-eye about a LOT of things.

Things do seem to be heating up quite messily, don't they? Mongul ran off from Daxam with his tail tucked between his legs, but then no sooner were Soranik and Iolande gone, than he moved in and took over Korugar. You'll notice that he waited UNTIL they were gone. Mongul is just a bully. I know that Sinestro is supposed to fight the Star Sapphires, he should really get home and do something about his home planet, not to mention kicking Mongul's ass VERY thoroughly. I have to admit that I'd be rooting for Sinestro if that scenario actually takes place.

Meanwhile the Guardians are incommunicado, thanks to Scar. I also wonder when the remaining LIVE Lanterns notice that they are fighting this battle alone...again. When push comes to shove, those little blue munchkins are pretty damned useless.

I haven't had this much fun speculating since the Sinestro Corps War.

5 Comments:

At 10:41 AM, Blogger Heartiac. said...

Hank Henshaw as the big bad of Blackest Night?

This whole thing sounds like he has motive for it, but forcibly inducting the Spectre into the Black Lantern Corp seems just a little out of Henshaw's league.

Maybe he hooked up with some other big bad.

(And Johns hasn't explicity stated that he isn't involved with this story like he did with Nekron.)

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Duskdog said...

Trying to guess where this whole storyline is going is part of the fun!

The September issue of Green Lantern is apparently a Hal/Sinestro/Mongul showdown, according to the solicits. Now that I think about it, I'm a little surprised that Sinestro is hopping so quickly from Zamaron to Korugar, but I could see him changing plans and withdrawing from Zamaron to return to Korugar. Or... maybe the arrival of the Black Lantern SC members will make a strategic withdrawal the only option, since apparently they're going to be hounding him through the next issue, too.

And where is Black Lantern Abin Sur going to go, I wonder? He has reason to hunt down Sinestro and possibly Hal, too, and they'll both be in the same place next month. And if Amon is among the now-risen dead SC members, he might have even more reason to go to where Amon will be.

Ah, Sinestro, I hope you don't die by being torn apart by two undead Ungarans. It's just not dignified.

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

I've always liked the fact that Geoff Johns and Peter Tomasi are so good at leaving hints and clues all through their books. They just do it so casually, and so far in advance, that we don't necessarily pick them up until much later. I'm sure that there are already some of the hints out there, and I'm just not smart enough to realize it yet. Still...Hank Henshaw's philosophy DOES seem tailor-made for Blackest Night...doesn't it?

I'm not even sure that Abin Sur is going to BE a Black Lantern! Did he die in peace like Dove, or does he have unresolved issues?

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Duskdog said...

Well, Abin died with knowledge of the Blackest Night prophecy, so I'd say he's in an interesting position where this whole thing is concerned. He might be at peace, but I suspect not. What if his unfinished business is stopping the Blackest Night... and yet here he is, a Black Lantern himself?

Hmm.

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I hadn't considered that, which DOES make it all the more interesting...doesn't it? I can see Abin and Sinestro being keys to the whole kit and kaboodle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home