Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Rumblings & Rumors

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Friday, February 20, 2009

Rumblings & Rumors

Gosharootie, all KINDS of things Green Lantern related are going on. According to Googum, over at http://random-happenstance.blogspot.com/, today is none other than Hal Jordan's Birthday! Googum has the BEST birthday presents for Hal...ever.

I honestly did not know that Hal had an official birthday. Does anyone know when the rest of the Green Lantern's birthdays are? For some reason, I've always assumed that Kyle's would be in June, since he seems like a Gemini.

In other news, apparently, DC is going to make an animated Green Lantern movie, similar to the Wonder Woman one, which is coming out in March. It is to be called "First Flight", and it has Hal, so I'm assuming it is another version of Hal's Origin. I will SO be getting it when it comes out. Not to mention, the live-action Green Lantern movies still seems to be in development, so that's something else to look forward to.

Over at Newsarama, they had an interview with none other than Ivan Reis, Green Lantern Artist, Extraordinaire. He's busy drawing the Blackest Night books, and then...sadly...will be moving onto other things.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

But...but he draws such a PRETTY Hal! His teeth are so nice, and he draws the most gorgeous Green Lantern behinds around! Oh, Law, whatever, shall I do? Pray for a damned good artist, that's what I'll do! I do have to admit that we've been awfully lucky in both the writing and artistic departments when it comes to Green Lantern books, having the inimitable Geoff Johns and Peter Tomasi, not to mention Dave Gibbons and Keith Champage for the stories, and Ivan Reis, Pat Gleason and Carlos Pacheco for the artwork.

Now I suppose, we can all speculate on whom we would like to have draw GL after Blackest Night. I'd love Doug Mahnke, or Alan Davis, although Davis has to be careful with his hands. I'd kill to have Adam Hughes, but I don't think he's up to a monthly book. Remember M. D. Bright? He was fantastic, but I haven't seen any of his stuff in quite a while. Kevin Maguire would be fun for at least a couple of issues. Nicola Scott or Amanda Connor would be fun too. Not to mention Ethan Van Sciver, whom I've missed. Gosh, I could sit here and do this all day.

Hal Pictures

What the heck, Happy Birthday Hal! You got to stick it to Batman AND get all the Girls!

7 Comments:

At 8:48 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

I am so incredibly DEPRESSED over Ivan Reis leaving GL. NOOOOOOO!!!! I'm inconsolable, I tells ya! Inconsolable!! :-(

So, how old is Hal supposed to be now, ya reckon? With all of the retconning and whatnot, isn't he, like 55 going on 30? ;-)

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

At least you have that drawing of Hal's butt hanging over your bed, by Reis.

*sigh*

I suppose we were lucky to have had him as long as we did, considering the way that writers and artists jump from book to book to book any more. Still...I'm going to miss him terribly. On the other hand, I'm sure that Blackest Night is going to be gorgeous.

I really don't have a clue as to the age of Hal. Similar to Bats, Barry and Ollie I suppose. He's older than Guy and John, and Kyle is the baby...so I have this floating age thingie in my head.

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Duskdog said...

The DCU calendar lists a lot of obscure birthdays and anniversaries, but not Guy Gardner's birthday! Nor Kyle's. I'm sure Alan is on there somewhere because Todd and Jenny are, but I'm not seeing him at the moment.

But John Stewart's birthday is October 17th!

I'm sad to see Ivan go. I enjoy his art a lot more than I do Van Sciver's. Ethan is a very, very skilled and talented artist with some amazing design ideas, but it just doesn't appeal to me, personally, as much. I like pretty as opposed to gritty, I guess.

Also, his Sinestro looks like Hitler (on purpose, I know) and his Guy looks eerily like my dad sometimes. It creeps me out.

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger SallyP said...

Hmmm...having him look like your Dad, could be problematic. Fortunately for me, my Dad looks like James Garner.

We really need to assign Guy and Kyle an official birthday. For some reason Kalinara has always supposed that Guy was an Aries, which I guess makes a certain amount of sense. Would that be March and April?

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Duskdog said...

I'm all for giving Guy and Kyle birthdays. They need to be celebrated properly, though. I'm not super familiar with astrology, but looks like Aries is March 21st-April 19th? Good enough for me.

I could see Kyle as a warm-weather baby. June or July, maybe.

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Cove West said...

Guy's birthday is April 1st. Gotta be. Either that or he was born on Superman's birthday thus ensuring no one will ever notice ("uh, here Guy, you can have this hallucinatory chest-sucking vine Clark apparently didn't want...").

I preferred Reis over Van Sciver as well, though I appreciate EVS's talent. As for replacement, I think it sorta depends on where "Blackest Night" ends up. If Johns has the whole Corps just blow up in everyone's face and we go into some sort of "Annihilation"-esque free-for-all universe, it might be a good experiment to go with a stylist -- Sienkiewicz, Hotz, McDaniel, someone who can really highlight a mood. But if "BK" resets things to a status quo of some kind, then I nominate Rafael Albuquerque.

 
At 5:56 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I never even thought of Albuquerque, but he would indeed be awesome.

Funny you should mention April 1st, for Guy's birthday. I was thinking the same thing, and then going..."nah, that's too cruel."

But then again, April IS the cruelest month.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home