Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: How About that Alan Scott?

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

How About that Alan Scott?

Ok, I received a request for some Alan love. It is a reasonable request. I like Alan, I just sort of forget about him when I'm busy drooling over the rest of the Green Lanterns. Alan may be an old coot, but then again, he's an amazingly WELL-PRESERVED old coot. Also, considering that he wears that cape, it is amazing how many butt shots there are of him, at least in the old days. Which just goes to prove, that magical powers or not, Alan has what it takes to be a Green Lantern.

Alan Scott

Here he is, looking quite amazing, as usual. Alan may be the only person in the world who can carry off that particular color combination...and LOOK GOOD while doing it. He's also one of the few people that Batman actually respects, which has to be good for something.

He hangs out with the rest of the Justice Society, which is nice. I love the Justice Society, especially all the old farts like Jay Garrick, Ted Grant and Alan. It's nice to have Obsidian around, NOT being a villain. I even like Courtney.

Alan is important, because he fills the role of Paterfamilias to the rest of the Superhero community. I honestly can't think of a single hero that doesn't either like or at least respect Alan Scott...and that includes Hal. Heck even Guy gets along with Alan. I rather miss those days when they would all hang out at Warriors and play cards and tell lies. Goodness, even the old Superman from Kingdom Come respects Alan.

And that's a very very good thing.

7 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Fairly awesome. :)

I've always thought there was something really cool about continuing to use a Golden Age character, and having him turn out to be (arguably) stronger than his modern counterparts. I dig it when publishers pay proper respect to their heritage characters.

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

The Green Lama could take 'im! ;-)

(After sitting down with Alan for a nice cup of tea, that is ...)

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Jim said...

Alan and Jay Garrick are easily the two most respected people in the DCU. Even the Trinity look up to them.

Jay is probably the best liked, as well. Alan is respected and admired but maybe seen as a bit intimidating by others, but Jay is so openly friendly and approachable.

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger nicodemus88 said...

I read again Gl rebirth recently and I like how in the end Alan creates a wall of green flames and told to the heroes (specially Batman) to let the GL carrying the situation.

What I really adore on Dc comcis is the general idea of legacy and Alan incarnate this, when Alan or Jay talk about their "kids" (the young JLA members) it has meaning.

I like JSA too, a lot... have read all the johns stories, I like Johnny Thunder, the firt Mr Terrific, Hourman sr., and Starman sr.

And I like the old trinity of Jay, Ted and Alan, lot of respect and understanding between them and very specific voices

And Alan truly manage to be impressive with his "particular color combination" as you said it ^^ comic magic ^^.

It's true that Jay is more approcheable, but sally's "paterfamilias" is a very good way to qualify him, he is like an intimidating father in a way,you may hesitate to ask him for help and you won't ennoy him with little troubles but if you need it and call he will help you.

 
At 6:18 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

While I just love Jay, I have to admit that Alan has a certain impressiveness about him. He's just someone I can't ever imagine anybody messing with.

I don't know about the Green Lama, Sea. Alan would hurt his feelings by trying NOT to snicker at his booties. Then he'd pat him on the head and call him "son"

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said...

Awwww, I think the Lama's boots are adorable! ;-)

Maybe Alan and Jet could exchange fashion tips ...

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Christian Zamora said...

Alan is just an awesome character. I love what DC has done with him and I also really like how he's become so close with Jay and Ted. They're the grandparents of the super-heroes in the DC Universe and this gives them an unique position. This is something that doesn't exist in the Marvel Universe and finding something unique between these two companies is real rare.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home