Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Some Really GOOD Stuff

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Friday, March 07, 2008

Some Really GOOD Stuff

Gosharootie, but I'm enjoying Nightwing. And let me tell you, that is a sentence that I NEVER thought I would say...or in this case type. As I have mentioned before, I'm not much of a Bat-fan, although I DO love Alfred, and I am rather fond of young Tim. But as for Nightwing...meh. However, I can safely say that those feelings are in the past.

Mr. Tomasi is doing wonderful things with Dick Grayson. I love how he is bringing in other characters for support, such as Dr. Midnite in this issue, not to mention how Dick makes full use of his assets...mainly having all of Batman's wonderful wonderful toys to play with. His relationship with Tim is a joy to behold. It is rather a pleasure to read about both of these young heroes NOT wallowing in angst, but going out and fighting the good fight, and enjoying themselves into the bargain.

Plus, the note that he leaves for Batman after "borrowing" a few things is hilarious...as is Alfred's reaction.

I am having an equal amount of fun with the Year One: Teen Titans mini, as written by Amy Wolfram, and drawn by Karl Kershl. It is lighthearted and quirky and a little silly. It is also a much more realistic portrayal of young teen sidekicks than I have seen in a very long while. Aqualad in particular is a hoot. His reaction to Donna's tears has to be seen to be believed. I'm impressed as heck that they managed, working together, to actually bring down most of the Justice League, but that they naturally had their behinds handed to them by Batman.

It is only half over which is nice, because there is so much more to look forward to. I was again, never too much of a Teen Titans fan, but I'm a fan of THIS!

Good grief! Put this together with the Green Lantern books, Booster Gold and Blue Beetle, and I may swoon from all the comic fabulousness.

And speaking of the Green Lanterns, here is the scan that SHOULD have been posted in yesturday's review. Sorry about that.

Green Lanterns

Man, the Guardians are being idiots lately. More than usual, anyway. They created a situation where a Green Lantern kills an enemy, and then have a hissy fit when she does so, and then instead of simply using a little compassion and wisdom, decide to make an "example" out of her, and in so doing, directly create a future enemy. Way to go, Guardians!

3 Comments:

At 6:06 PM, Blogger ShellyS said...

This is definitely the best Nightwing has been in years. I'm a happy Nightwing fan right now.

 
At 6:28 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

I know, Shelly. It's GOOD! Dick is actually competent, humorous, and has an excellent working relationship with his peers. And for a change, Batman DOESN'T look like a complete jerk.

And Tim is as cute as a button.

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Nate said...

So we taking bets on how long till Sinestro puts back on the green ring?

With the changes to the corp, he actually fits right in now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home