Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: Feeling Surly

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Feeling Surly

I'm in a bit of a snit. My car...my beautiful beautiful car, is behaving poorly. She's not supposed to behave poorly. She only has 46000 miles and now suddenly she won't shift from 2nd the 3rd. Or at least will only do so, intermittently. It's a Mercedes for cryin' out loud!

It's also snowing. Great big fat fluffy flakes. I'ts lovely, but frankly I'm getting just a wee bit tired of snow.

On the plus side, my cold is getting better.

Perhaps discussing comics will help improve my mood.

Thor #6 finally came out. It is very pretty. There are some nice moments in it, with a number of the townsfolk sitting together at the diner and discussing their interactions with their...interesting...new residents. I got a chuckle out of the poor guy at the town meeting discussing sanitation with Volstagg. The bit with Hogun coming upon the guy and his son changing a tire on their truck, as he's hauling the carcasses of a couple of wild boars on his shoulders is fun. And poor Bill...born of Bills seeing the girl of his dreams was poignant. Then Thor goes and tries to do...something with lightning and thunder to bring back the rest of the missing Gods, and Loki does some sneering. It's nice, but it would be nice to see it a little more often.

Damage Control #2 was a hoot. THIS is what I want from Dwayne McDuffie when he writes Justice League! Gene comes up with an adamantium razor, and the talking head from Hulk's ship is quite appealing. There is also a running gag with Black Goliath that is a lot of fun.

Ultimate Spider-Man was also very good. Guess we now know why Liz was always so freaked out by mutants. I have to say that lately my favorite character has been Kong. Immonen has taken up the reins on the artwork, and is doing a lovely job. I have to say that I much prefer THIS version of Spider-Man to the 616 version. No devils in sight, which is a relief.

Holy Guacamole! THREE Marvel books! Who'd a thunk?

8 Comments:

At 4:05 PM, Blogger Siskoid said...

I'm guessing I've got the same snow you do... getting pretty vertical at this point.

And the landlord took off for 10 days and left me in charge of the shoveling. I'm not sure the rent relief he offered is worth it...

And yeah, Damage Control was lots of fun. Wish it was more than 3 issues.

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Siskoid said...

And when I say vertical, I mean horizontal.

:P

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger Sheana said...

Hey, did you know there's a brand-new Guy Gardner action figure out? He's part of a new GL toy line and I randomly stumbled across him at a shop today. No bowlcut and comes complete with a smirk!

Naturally he was an insta-buy. Booster Gold finally has somebody to keep him company!

 
At 3:59 AM, Blogger nicodemus88 said...

hi, I liked the part with Bill and the Norse Goddess, and i liked when he explains it's just an impossible dream with his tales and the answer done "they can live together on the edge of the river", it was very cute...

(may i take a look to damage control if it's so good)

Ultimate Spider-man is still good but sometimes the arc could be more interessant with 2 issues less.

n.

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Hey Siskoid, sounds like the same snow to me. I really am getting tired of snow.

Sheana, is it the one with the same body sculpt as the original Guy Gardner? I STILL want a Warrior figure, dammit!

Nico, Damage Control has started a little slowly in comparison to the other mini-series, but it is always fun. The line about warning people not to touch the extraterrestrial material because they don't want to be responsible for any origins, is a hoot.

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Dwayne "the canoe guy" said...

You wouldn't be having transportation problems if you had a bridge walking burro, now wouldja?

 
At 6:18 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

That IS the perfect mode of transportation, Dwayne. Speaking of which, does he survive the massacre?

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger Dwayne "the canoe guy" said...

My copy of the book had this discalimer
"No burros were harmed in the making of this comic - signed, Michael Fleisher"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home