Hal Pictures Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!: what's up with Mary Worth?

Green Lantern Butt's FOREVER!

Now with Guy Gardner's Seal of Approval!

Sunday, November 12, 2006

what's up with Mary Worth?

I am one of those weird people who read the daily newspaper, cover to cover (with th exception of the stock exchange), so of course I always read all the comics. This includes for some strange reason, Mary Worth. I don't like Mary Worth. I've NEVER
liked Mary Worth, I consider her to be an annoying and nosy old bat, but out of habit
I STILL read her stupid strip.

And lately, I blush to admit this, but Mary Worth has gotten a tiny bit more interesting. In her last story arc, she was pursued by a creepy Captain Kangaroo, who when rejected by her, got drunk and drove off a cliff and DIED!! Whoa! Pretty hardcore all things considered.

And now, she's facing some competition from another old lady who has moved literally onto her "turf" and is dispensing good advice to all the residents. Does our lovely
Mary seem pleased by this turn of events? Hell no! She's pissed as heck! And she's gone to confront her new rival! I forsee a wondrous battle between the two old biddies. I don't think that there will be any kicks to the head, a la Chris Sims, but wouldn't it be great if there were?

4 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, Blogger Ms. P said...

I imagine them flapping at each other, not unlike Sideshow Bob and Cecill when fighting over the top bunk...

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Have you seen Mary Worth acted out?

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger SallyP said...

Bwhahahaha!

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Stewart Sternberg (half of L.P. Styles) said...

I think a made for tv television drama called MARY WORTH: ANOREXIC would be killer. Mary Tyle Moore could play the role. I figure the first act could take place while Mary is on a cruise to Arruba; there she discovers black market parasites on the street and much to the disapproval of her companion, buys and downs the critter.

I have to go now. It's time for meds.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home